I was taggled by TheCreativeJenn
to make a Christmas wishlist
I'll tag some folks at the end, but feel free to make your own and tag others!
STEP ONEMake a post to your DA journal. The post should contain your list of ten holiday wishes. The wishes can be anything at all, from simple and fandom-related ("I'd love a ______ icon that's just for me") to medium ("I wish for _____ on DVD") to really big ("all I want for Christmas is a new car/computer/house/TV."). The important thing is, make sure these wishes are things you really, truly want.If you wish for real life things (not fics or icons), make sure you include some sort of contact info in your post, whether it's your address or just your email address where Santa (or one of his elves) could get in touch with you.Also, make sure you post some version of these guidelines in your DA or link to this post so that the holiday joy will spread.
STEP TWOSurf around your friends list (or friends' friends, or just random journals) to see who has posted their list. And now, here's the important part:If you see a wish you can grant, and it's in your heart to do so, make someone's wish come true. Sometimes someone's trash is another's treasure, and if you have a leather jacket you don't want or a gift certificate you won't use -- do it.You need not spend money on these wishes unless you want to. The point isn't to put people out, it's to provide everyone a chance to be someone else's holiday elf -- to spread the joy. Gifts can be made anonymously or not -- it's your call.There are no rules with this project, no guarantees, and no strings attached. Give, and you might receive. and you'll have the joy of knowing you made someone's holiday special.
01. As you all are probably aware, I'm in the homestretch of completing my Master's degree in painting. At this point I'm in machine mode to make as much work as possible for my thesis show in May and that means restocking my arsenal of supplies to create the work. The priciest thing that I have to purchase regularly to make my artwork is epoxy resin, but I did list the other things that I will need to restock to continue arting in my Amazon wishlist
if you feel so inclined to be one of Santa's elves
02. I love getting art gifts on dA, and I've been made tons of fun things from franz over the years and it would be nice to get moar
03. In 2015 I wish to move! I commute an hour to and from school because of the distance, so in order to do that I need to get my lease paid off (about $3500).
04. I wish that my brother will do well in his new paramedic program and job as a school nurse.
05. I wish to find more and better illustration/art jobs this upcoming year to continue bulking up my portfolio and all that ^ ^
06. I wish to find more time to start working on my webcomic again! I want to move the current website over to a Comicpress site, but I know NOTHING about code so if you
are a WordPress/Comicpress/HTML whiz lemme know
07. I wish my friends who are looking for work in their fields are able to find it this year.
08. I wish my friends who are expecting to have safe pregnancies and healthy beebeez.
09. I wish to continue to upgrade my tablet skillz (I have a Wacom Bamboo).
10. I wish for my final semester of grad school to go smoothly and without much stress